Maritime Optima AS was registered in April 2018 and is privately funded by the founders, shipping investors, and Krysse AS. We are supported by Innovation Norway and we were awarded the Copernicus price in 2018, and the Microsoft Startup program in October 2019.
We aim to develop and distribute innovative maritime software products built on industry knowledge and big data, empowering single users or professional teams to work anywhere.
Today we are offering two products;
ShipAtlas - For everyone interested in vessel data, tracking and trades, port activities, congestions, sea routes, marine weather, ice conditions, piracy, zones and map.
The business model for ShipAtlas is freemium, and we launched an MVP product in July 2020. We are continuously developing our product, and we are quickly growing. ShipAtlas has more than 23 000 registered users.
Maritime Optima Pro - For maritime professionals interested in ShipAtlas features, shipping market intelligence, pre-voyage calculations and efficient workflows. We have not officially launched that product yet, but people can sign up for a trial and start using a very tiny MVP product.
We are 14 people with different backgrounds, skills, and knowledge, and we have solid domain knowledge and a reliable maritime network. We are located in modern maritime-inspired offices at Aker Brygge in Oslo.
We need to build and scale our commercial activities and grow and scale our marketing, support, and sales activities. Therefore, we are looking for an experienced support and customer success manager who understands the shipping industry and has experience in software product (SaaS) sales.
You will have the following responsibilities and tasks:
- You will be in charge of the daily support and sale while carving out a strategy, plan, and establishing routines together with our digital marketing manager and the CEO.
- Onboard new customers.
- Follow up on renewals encourage up-sells and cross-sells.
- Manage the company's CRM system and regularly maintain our customer and contact database.
- Help build our marketing, customer support, and sales team, establish routines, and execute our weekly plans.
- Contribute to the development of our digital sales channels and coordinate social media activities
- Create training materials, tutorials, product newsletters, webinars, etc.
- Be a voice of our customers and users and give input to our product development.
- Facilitate content for blog posts, white papers, etc.
Since we are a small company, you have to be prepared to do a lot of daily repetitive work, testing, and tuning, while keeping a strategic mindset and developing our commercial strategy for growth, together with the digital marketing manager and the CEO.
- Completed BSc degree or higher in Marketing, Communications or similar
- Experience from software product sales
- Knowledge about the commercial side of the shipping industry
- Self-motivated team player with experience in software product sales.
- Proficiency in the use of the digital «toolbox» for various CRM, SoMe, marketing
- Know how to create product videos and use analytics platforms like Google Analytics, Firebase, and Power BI.
- Good knowledge of Webflow, Intercom, Hubspot, SurveyMonkey, Figma, or similar
- Fluent written and verbal communications skills in English and Norwegian
- You also have to have a strategic mindset and be persuasive and motivational.
We believe you will thrive and succeed with us if you are/have:
- A fast learner that has a strong work ethic
- Efficient, structured, and detail-oriented
- Able to work under pressure, handling many different tasks at the same time, with tight deadlines
- Creative, independent and have a "hands-on" approach
- Cheerful, adaptable and solution-oriented
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and can cooperate well with others
- Result-driven, ambitious and enthusiastic.
- The possibility to work with an exciting industry
- Take part in developing a commercial strategy and executing the plan.
- Competitive salaries, non-contributory pensions, incentive programs, and Share schemes
- The ability to work with a startup and be a part of a team where you can make a huge difference!
- The opportunity to work on many fun aspects of sales and marketing and develop new skills
- Company mobile and laptop
- Super friendly offices, flexible working hours and working place.
No application deadline.